This website is packed with helpful information for GRPS families.
A. Distance Learning – This section contains information about the instructional platforms that GRPS students and teachers use.
- Google Classroom
- Digital Learning Components
B. Trending Topics – These topics are updated weekly and are subject to change.
- Covid-19 and Kent County Resources
- Students with Disabilities
- 2020-2021 School-year Information
- At-Home Activities
- Parent University
C. Power Parent Magazine – This publication targets parents and families with timely articles supporting student success.
D. K-12 Literacy Milestones – “Milestone” videos explain specific, end-of-schoolyear, grade level expectations.
E. Parent University Courses (Registration is on the top of the parents.grps.org webpage.)
- Parent University offers free courses that support parents in becoming educational partners with their children.
- Parent University courses will be offered throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year.
- Participants must register to receive course access.
- GRPS Family and Community Engagement
- Please “Like” and “Follow” on Facebook.
What is Parent University?
- We believe that parents are confident advocates of their children’s success.
- We believe that all parents want their children to succeed
- We believe all parents are capable of helping their child succeed.
Parent University is not a location. We travel. We bring the courses to the schools and parents at times convenient for all. Since 2013, Parent University has increased the number of offerings for our parents. Currently we offer over 60 different classes from over 40 community partners and GRPS district departments. We offer classes on Effective Parenting, Health and Wellness, Navigating the Educational System, and Personal Growth and Development.