Welcome to GRPS Parent University!
This website is packed with helpful information for GRPS families.
- We believe that caregivers are confident advocates of their children’s success.
- We believe that all caregivers want their children to succeed
- We believe all caregivers are capable of helping their child succeed.
What is Parent University?
Parent University is not a location. We travel. We bring the courses to the schools and parents at times convenient for all. Since 2013, Parent University has increased the number of offerings for our parents. Currently we offer over 60 different classes from over 40 community partners and GRPS district departments. We offer classes on Effective Parenting, Health and Wellness, Navigating the Educational System, and Personal Growth and Development.
PARENT UNIVERSITY WEBSITE TOPICS
A. Distance Learning – This section contains information about the instructional platforms that GRPS students and teachers use.
- Google Classroom
- Digital Learning Components
B. Trending Topics – These topics are updated weekly and are subject to change.
C. Power Parent Magazine – This publication targets parents and families with timely articles supporting student success.
D. K-12 Literacy Milestones – “Milestone” videos explain specific, end-of-year, grade level expectations.
E. Parent University Courses (Registration is on the top of the parents.grps.org webpage.)
- Parent University offers free courses that support parents in becoming educational partners with their children.
- Parent University courses will be offered throughout the entire 2020-2021 school year.
- Participants must register to receive course access.
- Give us a follow! GRPS Family and Community Engagement