The Grand Rapids Public Schools is hosting the second Virtual School Choice Expo for all neighborhood and theme schools on Tuesday, April 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. There will be presentations about how to enroll in neighborhood schools, how to apply for a theme school, important information on the different programs and services, along with breakout sessions for every school in the district.
Click here to visit expo.grps.org to register to attend the Virtual School Choice Expo and be entered to win a $50 or $100 Meijer gift card. Raffle winners will be drawn at the beginning and end of the event. You must register and be present (virtually) to win. The link to the virtual expo will also be posted to the district website at www.grps.org. The virtual expo will be recorded and available afterward for families who may not be able to attend.
The second round for theme school applications runs from March 19 – 30, 2021. Due to COVID-19, adjustments have been made to the theme school application selection criteria for test-in schools, and out-of-district testing. The theme school application is available on-line at apply.grps.org. Click here to apply!
Theme School Application Timeline and Rounds:
Round 2 Application Window: March 19 – April 30
Test-In Criteria Changes:
- Each round of the lottery will apply the following filters in sequence:
- Filter 1: Students qualifying MAP scores on both math and reading
- Filter 2: Students qualifying MAP scores on either math or reading
- Due to the COVID-19 impact on testing schedules, students can use qualifying MAP scores from fall 2019, winter 2020, fall 2020, winter 2021, or spring 2021
Out of District Testing:
- As in previous school years, out-of-district students who have not taken the MAP test must first complete the theme school application and then schedule for MAP testing by contacting Student Services at email@example.com or call 616-819-2150. Testing dates can be found at apply.grps.org. Click here to view.