Springtime is officially upon us! With warmer weather comes the anticipation for Spring Break where adults and children alike enjoy the break form school. Spring Break, however, doesn’t need to break the bank! We’ve compiled a list of fun and economical activities that will keep children engaged and learning over their break.
1. The Grand Rapids Art Museum offers FREE admission on Tuesday’s!
2. Pre-register for a FREE event at Home Depot that is both educational and fun for your child. Your child will learn DIY skills and safety and take home a cool project they made all on their own! This is a recurring event that takes place on the first Saturday of each month. Follow this link to register: http://workshops.
(April 4, 2015 for ages 5-12)
3. Visit the Kent County Recycling and Education Center to take a FREE tour and learn what happens to all your recyclables once they leave your house!
4. Running now through April 23rd is Flick’s Family Film Festival at Celebration Cinema. Admission to certain movies is FREE for children 12 and under and adults are discounted to $5 (http://grkids.com/grand-
5. Buy licorice and practice writing ABC’s with the candy strings! No eating until the letters are associated with a word starting with that letter!
6. Check out this blog for at home science fun! Color and solution mixes so your little scientist can explore and get a little messy 🙂 http://www.
7. Practice hand-shadows on the wall! This will help with little ones that are afraid of the shadows at night.
8. Collect as many insects as you can in one day! Pick one insect and learn everything you can about it
9. Fly a kite!
10. Write letters to family members to send out in the mail
See! Educational things can be both fun AND easy on the wallet. Try out one (or ALL) of the ideas on the list and let us know what you thought!