Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.” – Mahatma Ghandi
We are GRPS!
Our diversity is our superpower. “Diversity” can mean many things: Cultural diversity, racial diversity, religious diversity, sexual orientation, ability level, language diversity – the possibilities are almost infinite!
For us in the FACE office, these differences are exciting because they present our school community with the opportunity to form friendships with all types of people, right in their classrooms. Did you know that more than 32% of our world’s countries and more than 51 languages are represented here at GRPS? Wow!
In this month’s edition of Power Parent Magazine, you’ll find these great resources:
- Hear Dr. Roby share her thoughts on the importance of equity in our district in GOOD TO KNOW: GRPS Equity & Inclusion with Dr. Roby
- It’s important to talk with your kids about issues like race and embracing others’ differences, but it’s not always easy. Find a helpful guide under SETTING GOALS: Talk it Out
- Under CHECK IT OUT: Celebrating Cultural Heritage, you’ll find a guide to understanding and celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15-October 15), as well as other cultural heritage events!
- The topic of race and equity can be a tough one, but there are numerous resources out there to help! Discover more in NETWORKING FOR SUCCESS: Explore Books & Media
- In NAVIGATING ACHIEVEMENT: Championing a United Grand Rapids, you’ll find a volunteer guide your family can use to give back to our community
- Has your family been impacted by bigotry? Find helpful resources under FAMILY CONVERSATIONS: Resources for Healing