Successful End-of-Year Transitions
Any move to a new grade is a challenge, but there are major transition years that your student will undergo that can be especially important to focus on. The move from kindergarten to first grade, into middle school or high school and even on to college are key times when students often need support and many students develop patterns that stick.
This month’s edition of Power Parent Magazine will talk you through these academic transitions to ensure your student is ready for their next step!
Here’s what’s to come in the following articles:
- Find out what you can do to prep your preschooler in GOOD TO KNOW: Jump to Pre-K
- Get a feel for the kindergarten transition process in SETTING GOALS: To and From Kinder
- Under CHECK IT OUT: 3rd Grade Guide, learn more about this important year in your student’s academic life.
- Learn more about the shift to middle school in NETWORKING FOR SUCCESS: Graduating Elementary School.
- Under NAVIGATING ACHIEVEMENT: Middle and High School Transitions, learn more about how to support your middle schooler as they make the jump to high school.
- Find advice for parents whose children are graduating high school and moving onto the next phase in their life in FAMILY CONVERSATIONS: 12th Grade and Beyond!