Happy Holidays, GRPS families!
The holidays are fast approaching, bringing with them excitement and stress in equal amounts. This is especially true now, as we navigate life and celebrate the holidays during a global pandemic. Inside each of us is a center of calm and peace, and mindfulness can help us tap into that inner calm, even when life gets chaotic. Mindfulness is a simple technique that encourages paying attention to the present moment. Practicing mindfulness to your kids means equipping them with tools to build self-esteem, manage stress, and skillfully approach challenges in an accepting, nonjudgmental way.
In this month’s edition of Power Parent Magazine, you’ll find these great resources:
- Find a guide to help your family ease into mindfulness practices in GOOD TO KNOW: Getting Started with Mindfulness
- It’s important to be your child’s support system during this pandemic, but first you have to support yourself before you can support anyone else. Find more under SETTING GOALS: Season of Self-Care
- Under CHECK IT OUT: Holiday 5 Senses, you’ll find a great guided meditation that you and your family will enjoy all season long!
- What’s the relationship between mindfulness practices and your brain chemistry? Find out in NETWORKING FOR SUCCESS: The Mindful Brain
- In NAVIGATING ACHIEVEMENT: Musical Mindfulness, you’ll find a fun and family-friendly holiday-themed playlist that goes along with a guided meditation to help your family practice mindfulness
- A mindful family is a happy family. Find a fun guide to reflecting on the past year and preparing for the year to come under FAMILY CONVERSATIONS: 2022 Mindful Reflections